Encourage Franchisees to Attend IFA’s 2022 Annual Convention
IFA’s Annual Convention is the largest, most relevant conference for the franchise community. It offers valuable networking and educational opportunities for both franchisors and franchisees at any level, in any industry whether you’re a veteran or looking to expand.
We encourage franchisors to reach out to franchisees to communicate the value of being part of this exciting event. We’ve put together the Franchisee Justification Toolkit with tips and ideas to help you make a strong and effective case to encourage franchisee attendance. Use any or all of them to suit your unique situation.
Communicate the Benefits of Attending
Talk to your franchisees about how they can benefit from the new ideas, information, connections, and innovations they will acquire by attending.
Here are some key talking points:
- “IFA’s Annual Convention connects you with all the suppliers and services that you need to support your business. It’s a one stop shop!”
- "You will gain a big picture perspective on franchising across all industries."
- “The new strategies, best practices, and innovative solutions available here will help you gain insights into how to better run your business.”
- “The event offers new solutions and actionable ideas that you will be able to put into practice immediately upon return.”
- "What you gain from three days participating at the event would take months to acquire any other way."
- “This is a terrific opportunity for you to learn all that is new in franchising and have in-person time to collaborate with other professionals across the franchise community.”
Use Data Points to Build a Strong and Effective Case
IFA’s Annual Convention is the largest U.S. franchise event convening franchisors, franchisees, and suppliers.
Interact with over 700 brands of all sizes and lifecycles, or 30% of the franchising industry.
Meet, network and learn from 175 speakers and experts on the latest industry trends and best practices in over 50 sessions and 8 education tracks.
Find new business partners and solutions in the Exhibit Hall with over 150 exhibitors serving the franchise community.
Make lasting friendships and build relationships with 4,000 attendees.
Spend 4 action-packed days gaining a valuable education and networking with other franchising professionals—one year’s worth of networking and education packed into just a few days!
Demonstrate Productive Ways to Spend Your Time
Show franchisees that their time at IFA’s 2022 Annual Convention will be productive. Study the education tracks and sessions and choose the ones that best apply to your franchisees’ specific objectives. Then use the agenda to build an itinerary that includes the sessions and networking functions you recommend they attend.
Emphasize the Discounted Franchisee Rate
Is money the make-or-break issue? Make sure to communicate the discounted franchisee rate and quantify the value of certain aspects of attending. For instance, can you attach a dollar estimate to the savings they can come up with by implementing the new ideas they learned about in a session?
Your franchisee will want to know not just what it costs to attend the convention, but what it is worth. Use a cost and budget analysis to break it down and be sure to encourage them to register before December 31.
- Roundtrip Airfare: $
- Ground Transportation: $
- Hotel: $
- Meals: $
- Registration Fee: $
Make the Recommendation
Address all of these points or just some of them - do what most aligns with your reasons for wanting your Franchisees to attend. Need a sample of how to pull all of the above together into one communication? Check out our email template below.