Anchor Bar Franchise & Development Company, LLC
The Anchor Bar has been in business for over fifty years and has received multiple prestigious culinary awards. We are also known as the birthplace of the Buffalo Chicken Wing. The success of the wing sauce and the national shipping has opened a new opportunity for the Anchor Bar to franchise. There are currently only ten locations worldwide and we are looking to aggressively expand our store locations.
The story of the Buffalo chicken win began when Dominic Bellissimo, son of Anchor Bar owners Frank and Teressa Bellisimo, was bartending late one night in March 1964, when a group of friends came in for a drink. As expected, the guys got hungry, so Dominic asked his mother to fix something. Teressa went into the kitchen and found some chicken wings that were too exquisite for the soup stock. She deep fried them, tossed them in a spicy red sauce recipe and served them up with a side of blue cheese and celery sticks. The rest is history.
Today, 50 years later, The Original Anchor Bar location serves up more than 70,000 pounds of chicken wings per month and its bottled wing sauce now retails in over 5,000 supermarkets worldwide. Consumers can even purchase Anchor Bar’s famous wings online and have them shipped anywhere in the country.
Anchor Bar Franchise Opportunities
Franchisees opening a traditional location will need 5,000 to 6,000 square feet of space, will receive a protected area and can open multiple locations if qualified. While restaurant experience is helpful it is certainly not required. The training, support and coaching the franchisees receive is exceptional and ongoing in all phases from site selections to operations. Our operations team regularly visits franchisees on site long after they have launched. We are a brand with deep history and culinary achievement, great atmosphere and growth potential for franchisees to build entire markets.
Of the many distinctive Awards earned by the Anchor Bar, perhaps the most prestigious would be our two “James Beard Foundation Awards”
Anchor Bar has been serving “the original wing” since 1964.
- While other brands feature Buffalo wings, none of them can lay claim to inventing the wing
- Anchor Bar express ships thousands of pounds of their special wings around the world.
- Diverse location possibilities…traditional, outdoor mall, airport, QSR, etc.
- Comprehensive training program takes franchisee through all phases of operations.
- Marketing and real estate team in place to assist franchisees.
- Exposure through supermarket sales of wing sauce.
- Anchor Bar has been featured on Food Network, Travel Channel and numerous others
- Site selection support through national commercial broker network
- Lease negotiation support
- Detailed operations manual and recipe manual