Cresanti's Corner: Advocating for Franchising at FAN 2020
Dear IFA Member,
It’s our mission to support the franchising community. But we can’t do it alone — we need your help.
From July 21-22, IFA is hosting the Franchise Action Network (FAN) Virtual Advocacy Day. And it is FREE to all registrants.
FAN will be virtual this year, with a toolkit for each of you to share and advocate for:
- Liquidity challenges — click here for more information and our talking points to members of Congress.
- Liability protections — click here for more information and our talking points to members of Congress.
These are all priorities based on feedback from our membership. It is imperative we share our collective voices by the end of this month, or lawmakers will conclude discussions on the next COVID-19 relief package without our input.
At IFA, we advocate for franchising to lawmakers on state and federal levels to ensure the franchise business model is protected. This year alone, we have:
- Helped secure initial relief packages for franchises like the CARES Act
- Played a pivotal role in access to Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans
- Helped improve the PPP to better work for franchises
Our work is never done. And we need you and your voices more than ever to continue to advocate on your behalf to help your businesses thrive and grow.
To find out more information and register for free, please visit franchise.org/fan. I look forward to seeing you virtually!
Robert Cresanti, CFE
President & CEO
International Franchise Association