David Barr currently sits on the board of directors of a variety of public and private entities, both domestic and international. He focuses on three verticals, including 1) franchising, 2) restaurants, and 3) jewelry.
Mr. Barr is currently on the following boards –
- Partner, Franworth (franchise development partner to franchisors) with equity interests in Lash Lounge, CityRow, Madison Reed Franchising, and LiveWell)
- Chairman, Your Pie (fast casual pizza franchisor)
- Board of Directors of BrightStar Care (franchisor of home healthcare services)
- Board of Directors of Capriotti’s Sandwich Shop, Inc. (franchisor of premium sandwich shops)
- Board of Directors of TITLE Boxing Club (franchisor of boxing fitness clubs)
- Board of Directors of Domino’s Pizza – China (franchisee of all of China for Domino’s)
- Board of Directors of Farm Burger (owner and operator of premium grass-fed beef restaurants)
- Chairman of International Franchise Association
In addition to the above positions, utilizing his own private equity, Mr. Barr is a franchisee of 30 KFC and Taco Bell restaurants, as well as 3 units of Spice & Tea Exchange and one Capriotti’s Sandwich Shop. Mr. Barr has also invested in various commercial real estate projects in Georgia and Alabama as well as certain other small private equity ventures.
Mr. Barr has previously held the following positions –
- Board of Directors of Del Frisco Restaurant Group (dba Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steakhouses, Del Frisco’s Grille, Barcelona, and Bar Taco restaurants; NASDAQ listed) 2008-2019
- Board of Directors of Bistro Group (large franchisee of TGI Fridays and McAlister’s) 2008-2016
- Board of Directors of Famous Brands (franchisor of Mrs. Fields Cookies and TCBY) 2007-2015
- Board of Directors of Real Mex (franchisor of Chevy’s and operator of El Torito) 2014-2015
- Chairman of Rita Restaurants Corp. (dba Don Pablo’s Mexican Restaurants) 2007 to 2014
- Board of Directors of JB Weld (consumer package goods adhesive company) 2012 to 2015
- Chairman of The Jewellery Group (approx. 130 retail jewelry stores in Australia) 2011 to 2014
- Board of Directors of Wornick, Inc. (food manufacturer) 2013 to 2014
- Chairman of Samuels Jewelers (7th largest specialty jewelry company in the U.S.) 2000 to 2006
- CEO of Great American Cookies (franchisor of 360+ retail cookie stores) 1994-1998 David began his career with Price Waterhouse (1986-1991) and then joined Pizza Hut within its finance department (1991-1994) before joining Great American Cookies as its CFO, and then becoming its CEO.
In recent years, Mr. Barr has been a frequent speaker on Capitol Hill and has met with the White House, senators, congressmen and their staffs to discuss the impact of laws impacting small businesses and franchising. In addition, Mr. Barr has been interviewed on Fox News, CNN and Bloomberg, and his experiences have been written about by the New York Times and International Business Times. Mr. Barr has also written Op Ed pieces for the Wall Street Journal and is a frequent background source on restaurants for the Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg and CNBC. He resides in the metropolitan Atlanta area.