Franchise Opportunities Blog
Let the World Come to You at the International Franchise Expo
The 2017 International Franchise Expo attracted delegations from 47 countries, attendees from 120 countries and 56 exhibitors from outside the United States. Similar expectations for 2018 provide U.S. franchisors a golden opportunity to let the world, and its business, come directly to them. The IFA sponsored expo will take place May 31 - June 2 at the Javits Center in New York City.
International attendance is in no shortage thanks to the U.S. Department of Commerce’s International Buyer Program (IBP). As an IBP certified event, the commercial teams of US Embassies and Consulates recruit pre-screened international buyers to attend the Expo and engage with American exhibitors.
In an increasingly interconnected world, international franchising now also means franchisors are entering U.S. markets. Seeking to expand into the largest franchise economy, many rising international players are following the likes of IFA members such as InterContinental Hotels, Kumon, Illy, Tim Horton’s, Bonchon, Paris Baguette, and Pollo Campero.
Educational programs on international franchising further enhance the value of participating. Many of these educational sessions have been approved for CFE accreditation. This year’s Expo will include seminars and sessions on international topics including:
- An Overview of Key U.S. Trends and Regulatory Issues for International Franchisors
- International Expansion through Master Franchising? Is it Always the Right Approach?
- Going International -- Moving Intelligently Into International Expansion
- Negotiating Your First International Franchise: Achieving Success by Avoiding the Big Mistakes
- Opportunities for Franchise Expansion in Kenya
- The Basics of Exporting Franchise Systems to Spain
- Managing the Global Franchising Footprint? International Unit Growth and Expansion
- International Expansion: Master Franchising and Other Structures
- Strategies for Penetrating the U.S. Market for Overseas Franchisors
An Overview of Key U.S. Trends and Regulatory Issues for International Franchisors
To learn more please visit: http://www.ifeinfo.com
For free admission, enter the promo code “IFA” when registering at the following link: