IFA is building a new Communications & Marketing division to oversee and integrate communications functions of Government Relations & Public Affairs, Membership, Event, Advertising, Sponsorships, Marketing and Foundation programs to provide more effective coordination and communication across the organization. To lead this team, IFA is seeking highly motivated candidates who are self-starters and team players to fill the newly-created role of Vice President of Strategic Communications & Marketing.
The successful candidate will develop an organization-wide strategy in close coordination with the leadership of IFA to oversee strategic communications related to IFA positioning, including digital communications, member communications, news releases, earned and owned media, and paid and native marketing for IFA events and programs. The Vice President oversees all IFA external and internal communications with a goal of maximizing impact, revenue and value to internal and external audiences. The individual will need to work with colleagues across the organization to develop and execute proactive communications strategies related to IFA initiatives and ongoing advocacy membership work.
Role and Responsibilities
- Take responsibility for integrating all communications properties and outreach into a strategic and unified framework, developing an organizational content strategy for IFA that coordinates the brand’s various channels and platforms and is based on member needs, business goals, best practices, and reaches broad and unconventional audiences.
- Will be a primary content strategist, assisting with directing and integrating the planning, creation, and implementation of content across the communications team for IFA’s various channels and platforms.
- Consolidate efforts across communications department to ensure all efforts are coordinated and complement each other.
- Leading national media relations activities, including developing relationships with reporters and serving as a spokesperson as needed.
- Overseeing executive visibility activities for the CEO, Board chair and other senior executives in the industry.
- Develop a master communications calendar, encompassing IFA and priority outside events, government relations projects, and our marketing, events and ad sales calendar.
- Translate complex policy issues into content to maximize member value, awareness and drive business goals and member renewal / retention.
- Revamp of social channels to increase engagement by differentiating audiences, purpose, content, and tone.
- Implement strategic communications efforts to promote awareness and business goals IFA Foundation programs, including Diversity and Inclusion, Veterans, Certified Franchise Executive Program and Franchising Gives Back.
- Implement strategies to amplify IFA research, including, but not limited to: annual economic outlook forecasting, demographic research, ongoing economic data tracking, benchmarking and academic research to defend the business model.
- Implement strategic communications and outreach to promote awareness of IFA and member value, including events, advertising and other member value priorities with a primary outcome to drive membership, events, and advertising revenue growth.
- Using all platforms and existing and new channels, incorporate and coordinate messaging including media outreach, advertising, digital and social content and website, Franchising World Magazine.
- Oversee strategy for IFA’s website, as well as developing an effective content marketing and advertising strategy to achieve business and communications goals.
- Ensure coordination of content including studies, advocacy efforts, events, Foundation programs by working with the communications team and leading cross-functional work streams with other departments and across the organization.
- Identify and manage outside consultants and advertising budgets to support organization and department goals in consultation with key leadership.
- Bachelors degree required;
- Minimum of ten (10) years experience in communications, marketing, or related field;
- Experience working within franchise industry a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Team player with a high level of professionalism, self-motivation, ability to learn quickly and positive attitude.
- Detail-oriented individual with exceptional organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments.
- Experienced computer and software knowledge, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to effectively and efficiently devise and implement strategy.
To apply, send resume and cover letter including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the International Franchise Association (IFA)
The International Franchise Association (IFA) is the world’s oldest and largest organization representing franchising worldwide. For over sixty years, the IFA has worked to educate Franchisors and Franchisees on beneficial methods and business practices to improve franchising. IFA is a non-profit trade association that works through its government relations and public policy, media relations and educational programs to protect, enhance and promote franchising and over 700,000 franchise establishments that support nearly 7.6 million direct jobs, $674.3 billion of economic output for the U.S. economy and 2.5 percent of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP). The IFA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.