The Senior Director of Education is responsible for the development and the strategic direction of world-class substantive educational programming for the Franchise community. This includes areas such as content development, delivery, and administration of all IFA education programs. The Senior Director of Education will report to the IFA Chief Revenue Officer ensuring that IFA is viewed as the central reference, disseminator, and conduit of Franchise Industry content, certifications/accreditations, training, and best practices within this business model.
Role and Responsibilities
- Oversee the creation, strategy, and direction of new education pathways beyond events. Work closely with the CRO and other IFA Leaders to expand current educational offerings and develop innovative programs including training, accreditation/ certifications and other formal education to serve franchise member companies, prospective franchisees and other stakeholders.
- Lead and develop a 365-education strategy of offerings for stakeholders within IFA membership and within the franchise community, comprised of both formal and informal education and training, including events.
- Determine mix of IFA education/content ownership and partnership leveraged education offerings, and work with CRO to drive business model of owned and outsourced content and associated revenue.
- Manage all external and internal relationships related to the ownership of existing/new content and education.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally and engage externally with key IFA leaders, sponsors, planning groups, and other stakeholders to develop, continuously improve and maintain educational content serving IFA’s mission and strategies.
- Establish and maintain relationships with subject matter experts; professional and volunteer speakers.
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Conferences and Meetings to lead the execution of event and conference content strategy.
- As the in-house expert, identify optimal delivery methods to maximize content impact and user engagement, including traditional and non-traditional learning formats, through in-person, virtual and hybrid learning models.
- Provide high-level support to assigned conference task forces and committees charged with session creation and fulfillment.
- Manage and execute the evaluation process for all educational offerings.
- Contribute to the creation and editing of online and printed materials for all educational offerings.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of trends and best practices related to instructional design, adult learning, distance training, and content strategies within the franchise community and business model.
- Bachelors degree;
- 8-10 years of experience creating education strategy; developing, managing and delivering professional and informal education, training and events ;
- Relevant experience in franchising, with specific emphasis on franchise ownership, or work at a franchisor company ideally in franchise development, operations, business development
- Instructional curriculum design and development expertise.
- Familiarity with online content delivery platforms/learning management systems preferred.
- Must be both a strategic thinker and an executor, able to create and establish a vision for education and simultaneously execute on the vision managing a cross functional team of stakeholders within IFA and its membership
- Able to work independently and autonomously with a proven drive towards results and deliverables.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; high level of diplomacy and tact.
- Strong ability to interact and lead a group of individuals with diverse and differing opinions, towards a common goal.
- Acts with a sense of urgency; demonstrate mastery of managing and executing multiple projects with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to drive change in an environment versed in a static dynamic.
To apply, send resume and cover letter including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the International Franchise Association (IFA)
The International Franchise Association (IFA) is the world’s oldest and largest organization representing franchising worldwide. For over sixty years, the IFA has worked to educate Franchisors and Franchisees on beneficial methods and business practices to improve franchising. IFA is a non-profit trade association that works through its government relations and public policy, media relations and educational programs to protect, enhance and promote franchising and over 700,000 franchise establishments that support nearly 7.6 million direct jobs, $674.3 billion of economic output for the U.S. economy and 2.5 percent of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP). The IFA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.