ABOUT IFA: Celebrating 59 years of excellence, education and advocacy, the International Franchise Association is the world's oldest and largest organization representing franchising worldwide. IFA works through its government relations and public policy, media relations and educational programs to protect, enhance and promote franchising and nearly 733,000 franchise establishments that support nearly 7.6 million direct jobs, $674.3 billion of economic output for the U.S. economy and 2.5 percent of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP). IFA members include franchise companies in over 300 different business format categories, individual franchisees and companies that support the industry in marketing, law, technology and business development.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Provide administrative and program coordination/assistance to the Conferences and Meetings department in the development and implementation of the association’s conferences program and annual convention.
- Responsible for setting up online registration, processing registrations and preparing credentials for all association meetings – including our Annual Convention, Legal Symposium, Franchise Development Seminars, International Symposium, Fall Leadership Meetings & Annual Fly-In, MITcon, Emerging Franchisor Conference, the IFA Summer Board Meeting and our IBA/IFA Joint International Law Conference.
- Act as key point person on registrations for all IFA meetings including the Annual Convention.
- Serve as the liaison with VIPs in processing their event registrations, creating rooming lists, and any other assistance required in providing an excellent customer experience.
- Process payments for registrations received for all association meetings including follow-up and resolution of issues with payments.
- Prepare and send confirmation letters to all IFA conference speakers. Assist with tracking and collection of all background and presentation collateral required from conference speakers.
- Assist in the marketing efforts to bring awareness to IFA members about upcoming events.
- Assist in the preparation of committee meetings, including management of meeting notices, responses, briefing books, minutes and follow up.
- Prepare and process requests for information on Convention and other association meetings including the Convention FAQ sheet. Also act as the “Information Center” for the conferences department on all association meetings.
- Maintain inventory of conferences supplies including signs, badges, badges holders, ribbons, etc.
- Provide weekly registration and income reports for all association meetings.
- Responsible for on-site registration at all association meetings.
- Prepare badges, attendee lists, conference reports, signs and table tents for all conferences and meetings.
- General office duties for the department including mailing, filing, updating books, packing for events, etc.
- All other duties as assigned by the Vice President and Director.
- Two-three years of experience supporting meetings and events.
- Database management experience a plus. Nimble AMS preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and be responsive to members in a timely manner.
- Strong project management skills and ability to juggle multiple shifting priorities.
- Team player who thrives in a high-energy, multitask and collaborative work environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
To apply, send resume and cover letter including salary requirements to email@example.com