Have you graduated from college recently or have a year of professional experience and ready to take the next step in your career? Then this entry-level opportunity is perfect for you.
This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door in the world’s largest membership franchise organization! The International Franchise Association (IFA) has evolved over the years and is in search of an individual eager to learn and grow with their diverse team.
- Salary range is around $45,000 - $55,000 annually.
- This is not a remote position. Must be able to work at the IFA DC office on a hybrid schedule.
The Program Coordinator is a part of the Conferences and Meetings team responsible for the planning and execution of 5+ conferences per year, ranging from 100 to 4,000+ attendees, and up to $6 million in revenue.
We are looking for a collaborative team player with the drive and passion for delivering exceptional customer experiences through the program creation and delivery of best-in-class content. Our ideal candidate must be a keen multi-tasker, highly detail-oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills; thrives under pressure and is adept at building relationships. The Program Coordinator will travel to all association conferences and manage a variety of aspects of each event onsite.
- Works closely with the Senior Director, Conferences and Meetings to oversee all administrative aspects of the content development and execution of assigned association’s events to include but not limited to speaker management, setting up task force meetings and taking minutes, management of excel and google sheet lists of content such as breakout and roundtable sessions, as well as, onsite coordination, and various other administrative responsibilities.
- In collaboration with the Senior Director, Sponsorships and Exhibits, execute appropriate sponsorship deliverables for applicable programs.
- Assist in the build-out and testing of all on-line registration processes with IFA’s outsourced event logistics partner.
- Serve as primary point of contact for program speakers to ensure successful execution of program materials and other logistics such as registration and hotel bookings.
- Execute basic event website management; oversee the promotional and final program production for all conferences and meetings.
- Assist the Senior Director, Conferences and Meetings with support of committees and task forces assigned to the various conferences and meetings.
- Support mobile app build and execution for IFA conferences.
- Oversee the post-event management work such as: event survey creation, analyzing attendee feedback, reconciliation of vendor invoices, post event attendee materials for distribution via an on- line site or through mobile app.
- Serve as the department point of contact handling member inquiries regarding all association events.
- Other duties as required by the Senior Director, Conferences and Meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree, Certified Meeting Planner (CMP) credential is a plus.
- One year of experience in event content development and execution; or a combination of education and experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office platform (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.) and have experience with Salesforce, Nimble, or other types of CRM systems. An understanding of online registration a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; creative and forward thinker with an eye to continuous improvement on attendee experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service focus with the ability to form strong relationships.
- Strong project management experience, multi-tasker and be able to meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment.
To apply send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the International Franchise Association (IFA)
Celebrating over 60 years of excellence, education, and advocacy, the International Franchise Association (IFA) is the world’s oldest and largest organization representing franchising worldwide. IFA works through its government relations and public policy, media relations, and educational programs to protect, enhance and promote franchising and the approximately 775,000 franchise establishments that support nearly 8.2 million direct jobs, $787.7 billion of economic output for the U.S. economy, and almost 3 percent of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP). IFA members include franchise companies in over 300 different business format categories, individual franchisees, and companies that support the industry in marketing, law, technology, and business development. The IFA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.