Are you currently pursuing a law degree and looking for a paid, fast-paced experience at a top K-Street trade association? If so, the International Franchise Association (IFA) is looking for a legal intern. The internship is two months full-time, starting mid-June through mid-August. Compensation is competitive, and we are looking for enthusiastic, motivated candidates interested in the intersection of law and business policy. IFA follows all local and federal COVID-19 guidelines, which will determine whether the internship will be hybrid or in-person.
IFA is the world’s oldest and largest organization representing franchising worldwide, with a mission to protect, enhance and promote the franchise business model. IFA represents and advocates on behalf of the franchising sector, which accounts for nearly $750 billion in economic output for the U.S. economy and 3 percent of GDP.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with and the Vice President of State & Local Government Relations & Counsel and rest of the Government Relations team
- Drafting Congressional letters and statements for the record
- Providing legal analysis of current regulatory and legislative issues
- Analyzing internal legal matters, such as contract review
- Perform necessary administrative tasks
- Support the overall team in overarching mission
- Moderate level experience working with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, tight-knit team
- Passionate about producing a high-quality work product and a strong desire to learn
- High attention to detail, accuracy, and accountability for your own work
- Self-motivated and independent – able to take an assignment and work independently to complete it on deadline and to a high degree of accuracy
- Pursuing a Juris Doctorate
To apply, send your resume and letter of interest to Madeline Gale at email@example.com.
About the International Franchise Association (IFA)
The International Franchise Association (IFA) is the world’s oldest and largest organization representing franchising worldwide. For over sixty years, the IFA has worked to educate Franchisors and Franchisees on beneficial methods and business practices to improve franchising. IFA is a non-profit trade association that works through its government relations and public policy, media relations and educational programs to protect, enhance and promote franchising and over 700,000 franchise establishments that support nearly 7.6 million direct jobs, $674.3 billion of economic output for the U.S. economy and 2.5 percent of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP). The IFA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.