The International Franchise Association (IFA) has an opening for a PAC Manager in its Washington D.C. office. This position manages the daily aspects of IFA’s political fundraising and political action committee (FranPAC).
Essential Functions of the position include:
- Develops and executes effective fundraising campaigns for FranPAC in coordination with the Vice President of Political Affairs & Grassroots Advocacy.
- Works with Vice President, Political Affairs & Grassroots Advocacy to manage all FranPAC disbursements.
- Manages and maintains FranPAC budgets.
- Manages, tracks, maintains donor benefits with election campaigns FranPAC supports.
- Manages and tracks fundraising invitations.
- Assists with planning/executing PAC events.
- Manages hosting responsibilities for FranPAC fundraisers on behalf of federal candidates.
- Executes membership meetings and events for the PAC, such as fundraisers, political receptions, and educational events.
- Works with PAC members regarding hosting and attending in-district fundraisers.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with other industry organizations to maximize collaboration opportunities.
- Maintains up-to-date information on congressional elections, as well as current legislation that affects the franchise industry.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with political fundraisers and staff as needed.
- Writes news stories promoting FranPAC and highlighting its accomplishments in IFA and industry publications.
- Performs related duties as required.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities needed include:
- In-depth understanding of political and legislative processes.
- Working knowledge of local, state, and federal requirements for political activity disclosure and reporting, including FEC laws and filing requirements.
- Experience with PAC software programs, particularly Aristotle.
- Self-motivated, positive attitude, and strong team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel occasionally to member companies, industry meetings, and conventions.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Bachelors degree in public affairs, political science or similar area,
- Two – five years work experience within the political arena, particularly with political action committees, lobbying organizations, or a combination of education and experience.
- Association work experience is a plus.
- Proven record of substantial fundraising experience.
To apply send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com