Paid Legal Intern (Virtual) at the International Franchise Association
Are you currently pursuing a law degree and looking for a paid, fast-paced experience at a top K-Street trade association? If so, the International Franchise Association (IFA) is looking for a legal intern. The internship is virtual and is two months full-time, starting mid-June through mid-August. Compensation is competitive, and we are looking for enthusiastic, motivated candidates interested in the intersection of law and business policy.
IFA is the world’s oldest and largest organization representing franchising worldwide, with a mission to protect, enhance and promote the franchise business model. IFA represents and advocates on behalf of the franchising sector, which accounts for nearly $750 billion in economic output for the U.S. economy and 3 percent of GDP.
Responsibilities will include:
- Directly working with and reporting to the Vice President of Government Relations and Counsel
- Drafting Congressional letters and statements for the record
- Providing legal analysis of current regulatory and legislative issues
- Analyzing internal legal matters, such as contract review
- Perform necessary administrative tasks
- Support the overall team in overarching mission
- Moderate level experience working with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, tight-knit team
- Passionate about producing a high-quality work product and a strong desire to learn
- High attention to detail, accuracy and accountability for your own work
- Self-motivated and independent – able to take an assignment and work independently to complete it on deadline and to a high degree of accuracy
- Pursuing a Juris Doctorate
To apply, send your resume and letter of interest to Suzanne Beall at firstname.lastname@example.org.