The primary functions of this role will be to support the objectives of the government relations department, including the Franchise Action Network (FAN), of the International Franchise Association. These goals will include, but are not limited to developing and publishing original content, maintaining FAN’s digital properties such as website and social media platforms, and compiling daily news and media clips for IFA member audiences.
In particular, the candidate will be responsible for assisting the day-to-day operations of IFA’s Government Relations department. The ultimate role of this internship will be to provide critical administrative support to enhance the Association’s efforts to protect, promote and enhance the franchise business model. This is a financially compensated internship at IFA. IFA follows all local and federal COVID-19 guidelines, which will determine whether this internship will be hybrid or in-person.
Responsibilities will include:
- Under the direction of the Government Relations & Strategic Planning Coordinator, generate and implement ideas to help drive IFA’s policy efforts
- Draft and deliver supportive and opposing policy letters for government relations staff
- Support the Government Relations & Strategic Planning Coordinator in compiling daily news clips
- Update and maintain the FAN website, www.franchiseactionnetwork.com
- Manage FAN social profiles on Twitter and Facebook
- Assist in drafting weekly newsletter
- Provide administrative support
- Strong interpersonal skills, writing skills and the ability to work effectively with a team and diverse advocates
- Relevant experience or demonstrated understanding in advocacy/public policy, and grassroots organization/mobilization
- Demonstrated knowledge of state and federal government activities and structures
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet specific deadlines and metrics
- Knowledge of WordPress website software
To apply, send your resume and letter of interest to Madeline Gale at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the International Franchise Association (IFA)
The International Franchise Association (IFA) is the world’s oldest and largest organization representing franchising worldwide. For over sixty years, the IFA has worked to educate Franchisors and Franchisees on beneficial methods and business practices to improve franchising. IFA is a non-profit trade association that works through its government relations and public policy, media relations and educational programs to protect, enhance and promote franchising and over 700,000 franchise establishments that support nearly 7.6 million direct jobs, $674.3 billion of economic output for the U.S. economy and 2.5 percent of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP). The IFA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.