The Graphic Designer is responsible for creatively and proactively overseeing the design, production and management of IFA’s print and digital collateral. The position is responsible for the visual representation of IFA throughout all its communications and ensures that IFA products are visually compelling and design elements are cohesive with brand strategy.
- Design layouts, graphics and other print collateral for IFA departments across the association, including events, membership, foundation, advocacy and other activities.
- Design digital elements for IFA website, social media channels and all e-communications, proactively identifying key points and creating compelling infographics and ads.
- Responsible for converting logos, photos and other graphics into CMYK for printed publication and exporting Adobe PDFs for print and online use.
- Support the execution IFA’s video strategy by creating and supporting development of various videos.
- Maintain style guide for IFA, including for print, website, social media and other communications. Create design elements that support and enhance the IFA brand.
- Maintain IFA electronic photo files/graphic folders.
- Work with other departments to determine their design needs for marketing their programs; ensure consistency of style across all departments.
- Design ads to fulfill IFA’s advertising contracts, as well as house ads for IFA publications.
- Manage print and mail house projects.
- Serve as a collaborative partner to IFA’s marketing team.
- May be asked to perform other duties as required that are not outlined in this job description.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, marketing communications or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in graphic communications with demonstrated success.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (CS4) software, specifically InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator required.
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems (Drupal preferred) and experience with social media platforms in a professional setting.
- A basic understanding of the print production processes, including outputting and packaging files for print; the Pantone matching color system (and the differences between RGB and CMYK images) and minimum image resolution requirements.
- Ability to work well under pressure, to meet deadlines while making sound decisions, and to accommodate shifting priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across departments, companies, and with partners.
- Strong organization, time and project management skills.
To apply, send resume, design portfolio and cover letter including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the International Franchise Association (IFA)
The International Franchise Association (IFA) is the world’s oldest and largest organization representing franchising worldwide. For over sixty years, the IFA has worked to educate Franchisors and Franchisees on beneficial methods and business practices to improve franchising. IFA is a non-profit trade association that works through its government relations and public policy, media relations and educational programs to protect, enhance and promote franchising and over 700,000 franchise establishments that support nearly 7.6 million direct jobs, $674.3 billion of economic output for the U.S. economy and 2.5 percent of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP). The IFA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.