JOB OPENING: Coordinator, Political Affairs & Grassroots Advocacy
The primary functions of this role will be to develop and implement effective grassroots advocacy and political affairs activities to support the IFA’s legislative, political and regulatory agenda. The candidate will be responsible for helping to manage the day-to-day operations of IFA’s grassroots advocacy program, the Franchise Action Network and IFA’s political action committee, FranPAC. The primary responsibility will be to help design and implement state and national grassroots & public affairs campaigns, advocacy communications, in-district meetings, political fundraising and events.
Responsibilities will include:
- Under the direction of Vice President of Political Affairs and Grassroots Advocacy, manage the day-to-day operations of the Association’s grassroots and political programs, the Franchise Action Network & FranPAC.
- Assist in developing and implementing grassroots advocacy campaigns & communications supporting state & federal government relations and public affairs directives.
- Help design, devise, communicate and implement national outreach and issue campaigns to effectively tell the story of the franchise business model.
- Help to achieve the Association’s grassroots goals in terms of new advocate recruitment, education and mobilization on franchise specific and broader business issues with key legislators and policymakers.
- Coordinate advocacy days in Washington, DC and various target states throughout the year, whether in-person or virtually.
- Provide advocacy best practice guidance to key stakeholder partners and develop tools for effective grassroots training and engagement to support the successful implementation of advocacy campaigns, including issue alerts, issue briefs and other communications materials.
- Promote IFA’s grassroots network and legislative issues at industry events & conferences.
- Update and maintain the grassroots web portal and database.
- Manage grassroots website & social profiles: Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Assist in the administration, fundraising and communications strategy for FranPAC.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with 1-3 years of experience in legislative, political or advocacy related work.
- Successful experience or demonstrated understanding in advocacy/public policy, grassroots organization/mobilization, and grassroots advocacy tactic development and implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state and federal government activities and structures.
- Strong interpersonal skills, writing skills and the ability to work effectively with a team and diverse advocates.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet specific deadlines and metrics.
- Knowledge of grassroots platforms/portals, specifically Quorum.
- Knowledge of WordPress website software.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The International Franchise Association is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, promotion, compensation, benefits, and termination. IFA is firmly committed to achieving an inclusive, diverse workforce that values every individual. We firmly believe that hiring individuals with varying perspectives and backgrounds contributes to our success as an organization, and we strive to create an environment that fosters inclusiveness.
About the International Franchise Association:
Celebrating over 60 years of excellence, education, and advocacy, the International Franchise Association (IFA) is the world’s oldest and largest organization representing franchising worldwide. IFA works through its government relations and public policy, media relations, and educational programs to protect, enhance and promote franchising and the approximately 790,492 franchise establishments that support nearly 8.4 million direct jobs, $825.4 billion of economic output for the U.S. economy, and almost 3 percent of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP). IFA members include franchise companies in over 300 different business format categories, individual franchisees, and companies that support the industry in marketing, law, technology, and business development.