Are you a collaborative team player with drive and passion for delivering an exceptional customer experience through meetings and special events? A fast-paced Washington-DC based trade association seeks a Conferences & Meeting Intern to join our thriving conferences team that contributes nearly $6 million to the association annually by developing and managing 8+ (in person and/or virtual) conferences per year ranging from 100 up to 4,000+ attendees at our annual convention. Experience in meeting or event planning is a plus. They must be a keen multi-tasker, highly detail-oriented with excellent oral and written communication skills. Candidates must also possess excellent customer service experience. Being adept at building relationships to work effectively with association volunteers, many of whom are speakers, while executing best-in-class logistics is a must. This is a 30 hour a week internship starting May 24, 2021 through October 31, 2021. Candidates must be able to work remotely until the DC office reopens due to COVID-19.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Responsible for supporting on-line registration (and related event web pages) within the associations event management registration system as well as implement registration procedures for all association meetings to include order processing and confirmation letter automation.
- Act as key point person on general event and registration queries for all IFA meetings including the Annual Convention.
- Manage the Continuing Legal Credits (CLE) for the IFA legal events.
- Support the review and build out of event virtual platform for several events.
- Create resource websites for post event information to send to attendees.
- Liaison with program speakers to obtain registration, biographies, headshots, presentations, etc.
- Execute and continuous updates of basic event website builds and oversee the promotional and final program and/or brochure production for IFA conferences and meetings.
- Post-event management work, to include but not limited to, event survey creation and reporting results, registration reconciliation and report analysis, as well as preparation of attendee materials to distributing via an on-line site or through mobile app.
- Also act as the “Information Center” for the conferences department on all association meetings by managing general event queries.
- General support duties for the department.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills and ability to build strong relationships.
- Proficient in setting and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and be responsive to requests from members and colleagues in a timely manner.
- Strong project management experience and ability to juggle multiple shifting priorities.
- Team player who thrives in a fast-paced and collaborative work environment.
- Detail oriented and organized are a must
- Good communication skills a must
- Good proofreading skills a plus
- Tech savvy a plus
- Thrives in a work remote environment, self-starter and focused.
- Creative thinking in attracting attendees and improving upon the in person and virtual attendee experience.
- An understanding of online event registration and database management a plus. CVENT experience a plus.
- An understanding of and/or experience in meeting or event planning a plus.
To apply, send resume and cover letter including hourly salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the International Franchise Association (IFA)
The International Franchise Association (IFA) is the world’s oldest and largest organization representing franchising worldwide. For over sixty years, the IFA has worked to educate Franchisors and Franchisees on beneficial methods and business practices to improve franchising. IFA is a non-profit trade association that works through its government relations and public policy, media relations and educational programs to protect, enhance and promote franchising and over 700,000 franchise establishments that support nearly 7.6 million direct jobs, $674.3 billion of economic output for the U.S. economy and 2.5 percent of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP).