The International Franchise Association (IFA) is in search of a Conferences and Meetings Content Coordinator. Will be joining the Conferences and Meetings team responsible for the planning and execution of 6+ conferences per year, ranging from 100 to 4,000+ attendees, and up to $6 million in revenue.
We are looking for collaborative team players with the drive and passion for delivering exceptional customer experiences through the delivery of best-in-class content. Our ideal candidate must be a keen multi-tasker, highly detail-oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills; thrives under pressure and is adept at building relationships. The Conferences and Meetings Content Coordinator will travel to all association conferences and manage a variety of aspects of each program onsite.
- Works closely with the Senior Director, Conferences and Meetings to oversee all aspects of the content development and execution of assigned association’s events to include but not limited to: content themes, education tracks, speaker management, supervision of planning groups, specialty sessions, round tables, onsite coordination, and various other administrative responsibilities.
- In collaboration with the Senior Director, Sponsorships and Exhibits, execute appropriate sponsorship deliverables for applicable programs.
- Assist in the build-out and testing of all on-line registration processes with IFA’s outsourced event logistics partner.
- Serve as primary point of contact for program speakers to ensure successful execution of programs.
- Execute basic event website management; oversee the promotional and final program production for all conferences and meetings.
- Assist the Senior Director, Conferences and Meetings with support of committees and task forces assigned to the various conferences and meetings.
- Support mobile app build and execution for IFA conferences.
- Oversee the post-event management work such as: event survey creation, analyzing attendee feedback, reconciliation of vendor invoices, post event attendee materials for distribution via an on- line site or through mobile app.
- Serve as the department point of contact handling member inquiries regarding all association events.
- Other duties as required by the Senior Director, Conferences and Meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree, Certified Meeting Planner (CMP) credential is a plus.
- Three years experience in event content development and execution; or a combination of education and experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office platform (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.) and have experience with Salesforce, Nimble, or other types of CRM systems. An understanding of online registration a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; creative and forward thinker with an eye to continuous improvement on attendee experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service focus with the ability to form strong relationships.
- Strong project management experience, multi-tasker and be able to meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment.
To apply send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the International Franchise Association (IFA)
The International Franchise Association (IFA) is the world’s oldest and largest organization representing franchising worldwide. For over sixty years, the IFA has worked to educate Franchisors and Franchisees on beneficial methods and business practices to improve franchising. IFA is a non-profit trade association that works through its government relations and public policy, media relations and educational programs to protect, enhance and promote franchising and over 700,000 franchise establishments that support nearly 7.6 million direct jobs, $674.3 billion of economic output for the U.S. economy and 2.5 percent of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP). The IFA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.