As a Community Product Manager, you will help design and implement the community strategy designed to engage support member engagement 365 days per year. You are responsible for the health of the content catalog and member community. You will help shape the process and tools for organizing, tagging, discoverability, and updating valuable content designed to engage the member community. You will implement the online community and discussion threads connected to our in-person events.
As we roll out a new content and community platform, you will help define the processes that will enable rapid content development, templatization, modularization and reuse, as well as versioning and localization, and continuous improvement.
- Develop and implement process for content organization including tagging and discoverability
- Lead migration effort from current community to future LMS platform
- With strategic direction from CRO and VP Growth and support from Sr Manager, implement determined pricing strategies on community site to support member paywall functionality, ala-carte pricing of products to segregate member and non member content, and allow non-members to engage with certain of the content
- Continually review LMS provider updates and identify new opportunities to more effectively member constituents; Scan market and identify tools and techniques to develop and promote content
- Work with Sr Manager to develop and maintain community engagement strategy.
- Work with Sr Manager to regularly analyze and report on content health, usage and impact on learning.
- Keep content fresh and update, catalogues on the site and current from across the IFA organization including the foundation and government relationships
- Maintain sponsorship logos and report on visibility
- Where needed, work with 3rd party tools and content, to ensure external content is interoperable and integrates smoothly with learning systems.
- Develop processes and manage communications for notifying stakeholders about online content updates.
- Ensure educational content is available for all deliveries and escalate technical support issues as needed.
- Support onboarding of vendors on content authoring or access to content library as needed.
- Review all existing non-LMS content sources and set policies for content archival, migration, and necessary exceptions.
- Support the localization of content, including processes for accessing base content and uploading new content and localization frameworks into the LMS.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Our ideal candidate comes with at least 2 years of experience in LMS/LCMS, content library, or community management. They are passionate about ensuring that the highest quality experiences are available to users through efficient and organized systems and processes. Ideally the candidate will have
- Experience with LMS/LCMS and authoring tools administration
- Experience managing and monitoring community threads
- Experience developing and maintaining metrics and benchmarks
- Detail oriented and highly organized mindset and toolset
- Experience managing a content library, including organization, tagging, and documentation
- Ability to be a thought leader in an ambiguous and rapidly changing environment
- Experience training instructors and content authors in LMS features and processes a plus
- Experience with Excel or other data visualization platforms.
- Degree or experience in library science, information systems, or communications related fields preferred.
- A curious mind – passion to learn, passion to explore, passion to help move our organization forward.
About the International Franchise Association (IFA)
The International Franchise Association (IFA) is the world’s oldest and largest organization representing franchising worldwide. For over sixty years, the IFA has worked to educate Franchisors and Franchisees on beneficial methods and business practices to improve franchising. IFA is a non-profit trade association that works through its government relations and public policy, media relations and educational programs to protect, enhance and promote franchising and over 700,000 franchise establishments that support nearly 7.6 million direct jobs, $674.3 billion of economic output for the U.S. economy and 2.5 percent of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP). The IFA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.