Celebrating 59 years of excellence, education and advocacy, the International Franchise Association is the world's oldest and largest organization representing franchising worldwide. IFA works through its government relations and public policy, media relations and educational programs to protect, enhance and promote franchising and nearly 733,000 franchise establishments that support nearly 7.6 million direct jobs, $674.3 billion of economic output for the U.S. economy and 2.5 percent of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP). IFA members include franchise companies in over 300 different business format categories, individual franchisees and companies that support the industry in marketing, law, technology and business development.
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Revenue Officer will be tasked with taking this organization to the next level in membership, sponsorship, advertising and events. S/he will be responsible for strategy, direction, management, coordination and implementation of IFA’s revenue generating activities. The role has oversight of IFA’s membership, conferences and advertising departments. This person will provide a vision for IFA's short and long-term revenue growth and ensuring annual growth of IFA’s non-dues revenue.
The Chief Revenue Officer will partner and work closely with the Senior Management Team. This person will interact with all levels of staff, IFA members, as well as board members and other volunteer leaders to ensure that the growth objectives are aligned with the strategic direction of the organization. This is an important time in the association's evolution when creativity and change are needed to continue to fulfill the needs of the members. This new leader will be charged with ensuring the health and commercial viability of the association to retain members and attract new members.
The position is based in Washington, D.C.
- Lead the development and execution of commercial strategies and initiatives to enable IFA to remain the leading franchise advocacy group.
- Define association membership strategy to develop and manage the annual budget as sustainable revenue growth.
- Articulate the value of membership and its return on members' investment.
- Help set and advise on strategic priorities in a way that maximizes long-term commercial performance, creating long-term value for IFA and for its members.
- Diversify and increase income from member dues by strategic pricing of existing and new products and services.
- Grow association membership, overseeing events and increasing event attendance, and developing new products and services.
- Identify and develop business opportunities, develop and implement non-dues revenue programs.
- Increase profitability of monthly publication and newsletter.
- Oversee strategic and occasional tactical support for fundraising for IFA Foundation.
- Expand and monetize the newly created membership category "Employees of Franchisees" which aims to create value for its members by leveraging existing relationships with suppliers.
- Recruit as needed, coach, develop and inspire a capable and motivated team of professionals who can grow within the organization.
For consideration in this role, please send resume and cover letter to IFACRO@SpencerStuart.com