Franchise Opportunities Blog
Franchisee Friday - bluefrog Plumbing + Drain
Our #FranchiseeFriday this week is Eric Carter, who owns a bluefrog Plumbing + Drain in San Antonio, Texas! Eric said, “It is exciting to be a part of a franchise that is constantly growing and developing new systems focused on providing the absolute best customer service.” Check out out Q&A with Eric below! For more information on franchising with bluefrog Plumbing + Drain, click here.
Q&A With Eric Carter
- How does your franchise participate in community outreach efforts and give back to the local community?
- We are dedicated to our San Antonio community. We look to serve the community in any way we can and educate our neighbors on water conservation. We also strive to keep our city updated on any water issues that could cause harm.
- What steps does your franchise system and your locations personally take to promote diversity in the workplace?
- Diversity is important to us. We want our business to reflect the city of San Antonio... the culture that’s present here and the people who make our city great.
- What methods do you use to improve the franchisee-franchisor relationship?
- I think that honesty is our most used method. If there’s a problem, we handle it immediately instead of letting it get out of hand. We’re dedicated to the business so we just have to take a step back and make sure our intentions are bringing growth and success to bluefrog.
- What traits do you look for when evaluating potential managers to help run one of your franchise locations?
- I look for people who are dedicated, hard-working, eager and selfless. Working in the plumbing industry is not always easy... a plumbing issue can be stressful for many customers so I need someone who is able to handle high-stress situations and be willing to go above and beyond in getting the job done.
- How have you used technology at your franchise to increase efficiency in your operations, and what are some of the biggest challenges you’ve solved with technological improvement?
- Technology is definitely something we have taken hold of in the plumbing industry. Cameras allow us to diagnose problems quickly and effectively. The small cameras we use are non-destructive and non-invasive, and our experienced experts can easily push them along the pipes to detect clogs and other issues.
- What resources and methods do you use to educate your state and local legislators about the positive impacts of franchising?
- We love getting to show our city the impact our franchise makes. Franchising creates more jobs for our community and allows people to become successful small business owners. State and local legislators are able to see that through our continuous growth and expansion throughout the state of Texas.