Information and Resources for IFA Members Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
CARES Act Resources
We are developing an on-going series of webinars as the business impacts of the Coronavirus unfolds. The webinars will provide a broad overview of the current legislative situation, how you can partner together to enact change that will positively impact the franchising community, information regarding supply chain, access to capital, labor issues, how franchisors and franchisees are responding and much more.
March 27th, 2020 was our last daily call and we will hold conference calls on a needed basis moving forward. All past recordings can be accessed below. Please check this landing page for the most up to date information.
Business & Industry Specific Resources
- US Chamber of Commerce
- Restaurants/National Restaurant Association
- Hotels/American Hotel & Lodging Association
- Travel/US Travel Association
- Retail/National Retail Federation
- Retail Real Estate/International Council of Shopping Centers
- Business Insider-
- Asian American Hotel Owners Association (AAHOA) - Updates & Webcast Series
- Multistate Associates - Stay-at-Home Orders: What is Considered an “Essential Business”?
- National Law Review
US Government Resources
The US federal government, World Health Organization and various business associations have published resources on COVID-19. Those are linked below for your use.
US Government Resources: Coronavirus.gov
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- Information for Travel
- Prevention and Treatment
- Know the Facts About Coronavirus and Help Stop the Spread of Rumors
- Frequently Asked Questions
- CDC Coronavirus Website
- Contact for inquiries to CDC: CDCinforesponse@cdc.gov
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- OSHA 2019 Novel Coronavirus Overview
- Key OSHA Standards, Worker’s Rights and Employer Responsibilities for COVID-19
- OSHA Protecting Workers During a Pandemic Fact Sheet
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
Small Business Administration (SBA)
- SBA Disaster Assistance
- Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus
- SBA Implements Automatic Deferment on Existing Disaster Loans Through End of 2020
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
World Health Organization:
CURRENT CDC SITUATION SUMMARY
**IFA EVENTS NOTICE**
Thank you for standing with us as we face the challenges and impact of COVID-19 on our business model. As recovery plans continue to unfold and uncertainty around the pandemic persists, we've had to make adjustments on our highly regarded IFA in-person events with an eye on re-tooling our portfolio.
Please see a quick round-up of what we have in store for the remainder of the year as we address important areas of interest while bringing the community together on its path to recovery.
- Franchise Action Network (FAN) Virtual Advocacy Day — July 21-22, 2020
- Franchise Law Summit — August 12-13, 2020
- Virtual Event for Leaders in Operations, Franchise Development and Marketing — October 6-9, 2020
- Emerging Franchisor Conference — currently proceeding as an in-person event, November 17-19, 2020 in New Orleans. We will provide a virtual option for those not able to travel and may transition to fully-virtual as we continue to watch the status of the pandemic. Stay tuned for details.
And not to be forgotten…our flagship event, the IFA Convention, is currently being planned as an in-person event. It is our hope that IFA 2021 becomes the time for the franchising community to come back together to learn and network in person. Mark your calendars for February 21-24, 2021 in Las Vegas, NV, and if you are unable to join us, we will offer a virtual component. The agenda and content will be redesigned and focused around the new world we live in and its impact on franchising – how we lead out of this with an eye on brand growth, consumer confidence and economic resilience. Because we value the safety of our members, we will continue to monitor our environment over the coming months, and will pivot, if needed, to a wholly virtual event which would likely include a date change or extension.
Finally, we are offering sponsorship opportunities to enhance your brand, provide lead generation opportunities and continue your participation at all of these events – whether in-person, hybrid or fully-virtual. To learn more and reserve your package today, please email Lynette James directly at email@example.com.
We look forward to reconvening together online with all of you very soon!