The Content Manager oversees the content & editorial strategy for the International Franchise Association’s (IFA) online and print channels and aligns with the IFA brand, tone/voice, and messaging. Collaborates with IFA members and staff to create compelling content; works closely with the marketing/social team to adapt content for various channel distribution.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the editorial calendar for Franchising World, the monthly print publication for the organization, and lead the editorial content from inception to execution.
- Manage the digital/blog editorial calendar for franchise.org and act as the staff liaison for questions in relation to the associations content management system.
- Manage content and production of the IFA weekly digital newsletter, the IFA Insider.
- Manage editorial oversite for the 3X week IFA SmartBrief.
- Oversee any additional organization content needs as they arise.
Necessary Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism, Marketing, or related field.
- Three to five years relevant work experience, including publishing/website experience and editor/writer experience.
- Strong editing and writing skills a must; ability to manage large volumes of content; experience managing outside freelancers and content creators.
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Adobe InDesign and search engine optimization (SEO).
- Experienced web editor with knowledge of the following: digital editorial content; copy editing; publishing using content management systems such as Drupal or WordPress.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Highly organized with the ability to plan effectively, handle multiple, shifting priorities under tight deadlines, collaborate with multiple stakeholders and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Courtney Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This role will be part of the IFA Marketing team. The IFA is the world’s largest organization representing franchising worldwide, with a mission to protect, enhance and promote the franchise business model. IFA represents and advocates on behalf of the franchising sector, which accounts for nearly $700 billion in economic output for the U.S. economy and 2.5 percent of GDP.