In Memoriam - Richard B. Rennick
IFA is saddened by the passing of former IFA Chairman Richard B. Rennick on April 22 in Riverside, CA.
Richard B. Rennick
Recognized as one of the leading experts in the franchise community, Richard “Dick” Rennick is well-known in the franchise community as the founder and CEO of American Leak Detection. By the time he sold the company in 2007, it had grown to more than 360 franchises in 44 states and 13 foreign countries.
Rennick is also known for providing consulting services for many established, emerging and internationally-based franchise systems. After selling American Leak Detection, he founded TEAM Rennick, a consulting business that allowed him to focus on his passion: mentoring and coaching entrepreneurs. Rennick shared his expertise on how to start a franchise business and how to grow existing franchise businesses based on his life-long experience in the franchise industry.
Rennick was an active member of IFA. He was appointed Chairman of the IFA Board of Directors for the 2005-2006 term, and appointed Chairman of the IFA Educational Foundation from 2002-2004.
He has received many awards over the years, including:
- William Rosenberg Leadership Award: IFA Educational Foundation, 2008
- Top Technology Award for Entrepreneurship and Franchising: California University System, 2005
- Spirit of Entrepreneur Technology Award: Riverside Press-Enterprise, 2004
- Franchising Innovation: The University of Texas at El Paso, 2000
- Franchisor of the Year: American Association of Franchisees and Dealers, 1998
- Entrepreneur of the Year: IFA, 1997-1998
- Franchising Excellence Internationally: The University of Texas at El Paso, 1997
- Outstanding Franchisor: The University of Texas at El Paso, 1996
His personal and business philosophy can be summed up in a single word: TEAM – Together Everyone Achieves More.
Rennick will be missed amongst IFA staff:
"I had the pleasure of knowing Dick from the day I started at IFA in December 1996. My favorite memory was that every year on Thanksgiving and Christmas he would send a voicemail message to all the staff wishing us happy holidays."
– Rose DuPont, Senior Director, Certification Program, IFA Foundation
"Dick was a mentor and a friend. I've been looking over old text messages and emails he sent over the years. They were not all about work – his passion for his hobbies and his words of wisdom are quite prevalent. Oh, and his jokes, too. There are many of them! I will miss you, Dick. You were one of the good guys. Roger that!"
– Paul Rocchio, Vice President, Development & Member Services, IFA
IFA would like to extend our appreciation for Mr. Rennick for his many years of commitment and service to the franchise community. His obituary can be found here.
In lieu of flowers, donations would be appreciated to:
Volunteers For Veterans Foundation
9473 Emerald Ave
Fontana, CA 92335
Checks can be made payable to: VFVF.