Franchise Opportunities Blog
5 Simple Secrets to Success: Louisiana Couple Shares Their Winning Ways
Shawn and Carrie Huguet from Lafayette/Lake Charles, LA, are pro’s when it comes to growing their commercial cleaning business. Since 2004, these Jani-King franchisees have expanded their two-person operation to include 33 employees who provide services to 51 different accounts in their market. While growing any business can present challenges, the Huguet’s have made sure to stay true to their winning ways and are glad to share the secrets to their success.
1. “Relationships; building relationships is key in selling accounts. The customer has to know and trust you.”
2. “Persistence; sometimes, making the sale takes a long time. Don’t give up. Keep at it, keep visiting, keep strengthening that relationship.”
3. “Referrals; referrals are extremely valuable. Have your current customers help you grow. Ask them for a letter of recommendation.”
4. “Industry knowledge; know what you’re selling. Be able to answer questions customers may have.”
5. “Good attitude; this is probably the most important attribute. A smile and a nice word take you a long way.”
Congratulations to Shawn and Carrie Huguet, winning franchisees with Jani-King. Your experience and track record of success make these secrets to success all the more valuable.
Founded in 1969, Jani-King is the world’s largest commercial cleaning franchise company with over 120 regional support offices in 10 countries. Through this network of support offices, Jani-King franchisees provide commercial cleaning services for a wide range of facility types including healthcare, office, hotel/resort, school, manufacturing, retail, restaurant, sporting venue and more. The company has consistently ranked as a top performer among commercial cleaning franchise businesses.