The U.S. Franchise Trade Mission to Egypt, Jordan, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates is brought to you by IFA and Franchise Times, and is designated as a Certified Trade Mission by the U.S. Commercial Service. From May 12-22, 2013, a select group of franchisors will receive valuable briefings and research and the opportunity to grow their brands in expanding Middle Eastern markets. Visits are planned to Abu Dhabi, UAE, Cairo, Egypt, Doha, Qatar and Amman Jordan. Itinerary items include country briefings with U.S. Embassy officials and U.S. Commercial Service officers, meetings with government ministries, one-on-one matchmaking meetings with pre-screened local investors, and the opportunity to exhibit and attend the MENA International Franchise Exhibition (MIFI), the largest expo of its kind in the Middle East/North Africa region.
- More than half of Egypt’s 85 million people live in urban areas with a quarter of the population 18-29 years old and economic growth has been steady. Egyptians are well-educated, very receptive to U.S. goods and services and look for quality and price. The U.S. continues to be Egypt’s largest trading partner, while Egypt remains the 4th largest export market for U.S. products and services in the Middle East. Tourists from the Arab countries create a strong seasonal demand which fosters a 27% annual growth rate for franchising. A $40 million loan from the African Development Bank for the Franchise Sector has eased financing concerns.
- Located in the heart of the Levant region, Jordan boasts a well educated, mostly urban population of 6.5 million. Jordan was the fourth country to sign a Free Trade Agreement (FTA) with the U.S. and bi-lateral trade grew to $2.14 billion in 2012. Fast food and service franchises are of great interest to Jordanians with brand recognition and franchisee support being foremost for investors.
- With a land area slightly smaller than Connecticut, Qatar enjoys the highest per capita income in the world and the world’s highest growth rate. 96% of the country’s nearly 2 million inhabitants are found in urban areas and are well educated. Qatar continues to prosper and $200 billion is slated to be spent on infrastructure in the next several years.
- The United Arab Emirates is the top destination for U.S. exports in the Middle East and an important regional hub for American companies. The franchising sector in the UAE has over the years been dominated by U.S. brands, and there is still a great appetite and opportunity for new U.S. franchise businesses in both food and non-food sectors.
These growing economies represent a fantastic opportunity for international franchise development.
Best Prospects for U.S. Franchise Brands in the region:
Food – Home Delivery, Fast Food, Health Food, Fine/Casual Dining Restaurants, Full-Service Restaurants
Non-Food – Hypermarkets, Healthcare, Childcare, Entertainment Centers/Amusement Parks, Department Stores/Gift Shops/Retail (clothing, footwear, cosmetics, Cleaning Services (commercial & residential), Education/Training, Automotive, Electronic Trade, Repair/Maintenance/Rental, Fitness Centers, Real Estate, Hotel/Motel, Information Technology Services
11th MENA International Franchise Exhibition (MIFI), May 15-18, 2013, Cairo, Egypt – take advantage of the opportunity to present your brand to investors from throughout the MENA region, in the U.S. Pavilion at the MIFI, the largest expo of its kind in the Middle East/North Africa region.
By providing valuable resources and introductions to potential business partners, the U.S. Franchise Trade Mission to Egypt, Jordan, Qatar and the UAE is a perfect way to begin growing your brand in overseas markets. Please contact Josh Merin at IFA at 202-662-0762 or email@example.com with any questions.
View the U.S. Franchise Trade Mission to Egypt, Jordan, Qatar and the UAE webinar
Who: 12-15 franchise companies
When: May 12-22, 2013
UAE – May 12-14
Egypt – May 15-18
Qatar – May 19-20
Jordan – May 21-22
Where: Egypt, Jordan, Qatar, UAE
Why: to investigate partnership opportunities with area developers for the Middle East region
Large Company $13,200
Small Company $8,500
Each additional executive traveling with a participating firm - $900
Trade Mission price includes:
·Trade Mission price includes:
•All in-country transfers and transportation to/from airport and special events (does not include airfare or hotel)
•Briefings, Selected PR events and Site Visits, US Embassy Hotel Rate, Refreshments/Coffee Breaks/Lunches during meetings, Visits to MIFI exposition, Pre-trade mission consultations and briefings, one-on-one meetings.
•Opportunity to exhibit in US Pavilion at MIFI Exposition.
*Translators will be paid separate for companies that require them – est. $1,200
Take advantage of this opportunity to check out three important, growing markets in the Middle East. Here are just a few of the benefits:
• A customized schedule of one-on-one meetings with key partners/regional investors;
• Nationwide advertising, promotion and exposure for your brand in three countries;
• First-hand opportunity to assess the culture, political climate and market;
• Opportunity to exhibit in the U.S. Pavilion at MIFI;
• Special networking events with key government officials and local franchise industry movers and shakers;
• Visits to world-class cultural sites and tours of strategic franchise locations.
Download Application Form - Please download the application and email the completed application as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you submit an application and do not recieve confirmation within 48 hours, please email Josh Merin at email@example.com.
View the Trade Mission Flyer
US Commercial Service Commercial Country Guides: